Date Prepared: Dec 6, 2022
Updated: Nov 10, 2023
Prepared by: Lee Stone, SEC
To qualify for a GA ARES Name Badge, the following requirements must be completed:
- IS-100c – Introduction to the Incident Command System (or current course number)
- IS-700b – An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (or current course number)
- EC-001 – Introduction to Emergency Communication (ARRL course)
- Successful background check. Obtaining a Georgia Weapons Carry License provides evidence of completed background check. Other background check options are TSA Pre-Check.
- Serve as Net Control Station for local ARES group at least twice in the prior 6 months. Verified by group Net Control Manager or Emergency Coordinator.
- Pay $20 badge fee. Badge is valid until the renewal date of the operator’s current license.
- Send an appropriate photo. Make sure to allow enough space above and on each side of your head. Use a current photo ID as an example. Do not crop the image. Cropping and sizing will be done when the template is made.
Send all files to:
Lee Stone, KT4LS – firstname.lastname@example.org Notification for payment procedure will be provided after all requirements are approved.